Accredited by:




This school is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

To apply for a F-1 non-immigrant visa you need an I-20 form. You should apply 2 months before you plan to start your classes. This will give you enough time to receive your I-20, process your student visa, and make travel arrangements. If you do not need a visa, you can register the week before classes begin. Come to Conversa the week before classes start for orientation and testing. The following documents are necessary when applying for an I-20 to study at Conversa Language Center. Original copies are required when you apply for the visa at the US Embassy or Consulate.

  • Application Form
  • Financial Certification Form
  • $100.00 Application Fee
  • Affidavit Of Sponsorship – When funds are provided by a sponsor like your parents or employer. Notarization is required.
  • Proof of financesThis should be a bank statement or letter from your company or government scholarship to cover the amount of $2500/month for your classes and living expenses.
  • Affidavit For Room and Board – This is necessary only if you will be living with someone in Cincinnati for free. Notarization is required. If you will pay for your apartment or with a Conversa Host family or stay at the Conversa House, you do not need to send us this form.
  • School TransferThis is for transfer students only. Sign the top and give the form to your current school. Your current school should fill out the bottom half and fax or email it to Conversa.

You can send your application by email to or by fax to 513-665-3792.

When you apply for your student visa, convince the U.S. Embassy that you will return to your country after you finish studying. If they think you will remain illegally, they will deny you the visa even though you have an I-20 from us. Bring evidence that you have reason to return. For example, you have a good job, that you will continue studying at your university, or you own a house or property. Bring all the financial documents showing you can pay for your classes here. If you have been to the US or Europe and returned, bring evidence of that also.

For information from the US Government about student visas:

To send a simple application use Conversa’s online application. Later you can send the other forms.